Study Trip 2019 New York
september 29, 2019 @ 8:00 am - oktober 4, 2019 @ 8:30 am
What’s on the program*?
Our Study Trip will start with a presentation by Cushman & Wakefield about the retail market in the New-York area and the recent trends.
The ICSC research team will present thier views on the threats and opportunities for retail real estate in US and how this can impact Europe.
Furthermore there will be guided visits to:
- American Dream: opening June 2019, +/- 280 000 m² GLA. Will redefine the customer experience in shopping and leisure with a unique combination of retail, dining, entertainment and attractions. The anchor tenant – Saks Fifth Avenue – and over 450 retail, food and specialty shops are complemented by North America’s largest fully-enclosed indoor Deamworks Water Park and Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park; a 16 storey Big Snow Indoor Ski & Snow Park, Kidzania, a live Performing Arts Theater; 87 m high Observation Wheel, luxury movie theatres by CMX, Sea Life Aquarium, Lego Discovery Center, Ice Rink, and 2 miniature golf attractions. The Centre also features The Collections – a luxury and fashion area – and The Dining Terrace – a collection of fifteen full-service restaurants showcased in one location.
- Hudson Yards project : a $ 25 billion mixed-use development on Manhattan’s West Side including a 67 000 m² GLA retail center ( opening 14 March 2019 ) that is home to the city’s first Neiman Marcus and +/- 100 other stores, plus high-end restaurants. Hudson Yards, which is built over a massive rail yard, has been billed as the largest private development in US history. The developer, Related Cos. , expects between 15 and 22 million visitors per year.
- Shops at Columbus Circle : The Shops at Columbus Circle is one of New York City’s most famous landmarks, drawing more than 16 million visitors per year, thanks to its world-famous restaurants, lounges, and 50-plus retail stores.
- Westfield World Trade Center : The mall opened on August 16, 2016 as the largest shopping complex in Manhattan, with 125 retail spaces. It replaces the Mall at the World Trade Center, the underground shopping mall under the original World Trade Center, which was destroyed on September 11, 2001. The mall has roughly 33,900 m2of retail space, which once again makes it the largest shopping mall in Manhattan.
- Brookfield Place : built as and still commonly referred to as the World Financial Center, is a shopping center and office-building complex, overlooking the Hudson River and located across West Street from the World Trade Center in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Manhattan.
- Westfield Garden State Plaza : is a two-story shopping mall located in Paramus, New Jersey, owned and managed by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, and located about 15 miles west of Manhattan. With 197 000 m2GLA and housing over 300 stores it is the largest mall in New Jersey, the third-largest mall in the New York metropolitan area, and one of the highest-revenue producing malls in the United States. Its department store anchors are Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom. It was the first large scale shopping mall in New Jersey.
- The Mall at Short Hills: The mall includes 150 specialty stores and restaurants including Cartier, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Hermès, and Louis Vuitton, and is anchored by Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom. Over 40 boutiques have their only New Jersey location at the mall.
- Palisades Center : Palisades Center is among the top 10 most visited malls in America. This four-level shopping center located in Rockland County, offers over 200 stores, 16 sit-down restaurants, a bowling alley, ice rink, the world’s tallest indoor ropes course, comedy club, and more. Palisades Center is the go-to place for local shoppers and tourists alike.
Next to these malls we will also visit The High Line Park, Fifth Avenue, Times Square , Meatpacking District, etc.
Detailed information about the program and the practical details will follow.
Member : 3.250eur excl. VAT ( incl. flights, hotel, 4 dinners, bus and/or metro)
NextGen Member: 2.500 excl. VAT( incl. flights, hotel, 4 dinners, bus and/or metro)
Maximum 20 participants
Marc Reiff (Immo Marnach)
Mario Reiff (Immo Marnach)
Kasper Deforche (Wereldhave Belgium)
Sébastien Vander Steene (CBRE)
Albert Coigné (Eurocommercial)
Kristof Restiau (Redevco)
Filip de Bois (Redevco)
Patrick Glauden (You Studio)
Patrick Meutermans (AEW Europe)
Dimitri Themelis (Nearbuy Benelux)
Emilie de Sart ( AG Real Estate)
André Mailleux (Gesmall)